It is official. Today is National Cat Day. So what does that mean? It means that you will not only see tons of cat cuteness on your FB, Twitter, and Instagram feeds, it is the day cat lovers have an excuse to go crazy and buy everything and anything cat. But seriously, one of the main purposes of National Cat Day being so close to Halloween is to prevent cat cruelty and promote cat adoption and wellness.
The Top 15 Ways to Celebrate Cats
Original List Courtesy of NationalCatDay.com (of course, we couldn’t stop ourselves, we just had to edit the list)
1. Adopt a cat from your local shelter or cat rescue.
2. Make a commitment to your cat’s health, from food to litter, to treats to toys, to exercise & good grooming, to regular veterinary care.
3. Donate blankets, food and toys to animal welfare organizations.
4. Volunteer at your local shelter and offer to play with some cats available for adoption, clean cages and litter boxes or anything else they need help with.
5. Contact your Congressman and ask that he/she support the ban of kitten mills and gas chambers in your state.
6. Bake some cat shaped cookies for your kids, friends or office and bake some tuna cookies for your cat.
Aristocrats Sugar Cookies| Cat-Shaped Sugar Cookies | Cat Cookie Cutters | Purrfectly Precious Cat Face Decorated Sugar Cookies | Pouncing Cat Cookie | Kitten Cat Sugar Decorations
7. Have a safety check of your home to make sure it’s safe for your new cat.
8. Buy a cat Christmas sweater today so you will have it to wear to this year’s ugly Christmas sweater party.
9. Assist an ill or elderly neighbor by cleaning their cat’s litter box and playing with their cat.
10. Commission a custom painted cat portrait or hire a photographer or DIY for a fun photo shoot. If you want to go all out, you can even rent professional photo equipment for very reasonable prices. And of course you will want to post your pics on social media for everyone to oooh & aaaah!
11. Buy your cat a collar and tag with your name and number, just in case they get outside and happen to become lost.
12. Order cat theme checks for yourself!
13. Order cat theme calendars, stocking stuffers, and gifts for your cat loving friends & family
Dogeared Cat Lover Necklace | Dogeared Lucky Necklace | Cat Calendars |Cat Cheeseboards | Cat Wrapping Paper | Cat Adult Coloring Book
14. Have a National Cat Day party and invite all your friends and their cats!
Kitty Cat Personalized Printable Party Package | More Printable Kitty Cat Party Supplies
15. Play Exploding Kittens and re-watch Cats: The Musical for the 100th time.
Dare to be Great!